Monday, August 20, 2012

Isabela Day 2012

I don't know how Isabela Day is usually celebrated, but for this year I was able to watch the float parade. This is such a delayed post, haha! Isabela Day happened on May 11th.

I woke up really early to be able to get a good spot where I could wait and watch. The parade started late, it ticked off a lot of people (me included, hehe). It was supposed to start at 7 a.m, I think, and it started at 10 -- 3 hours late!! And mind you, it was super hot that day so everyone basically fried under the morning sun for a few hours while waiting and watching.

Although it was a bit of a wait, I actually enjoyed the parade. Each municipality prepared one float, and the best one won. I actually don't agree with the decision for first place, as many people also did once the roster of winners were announced. I don't know how the judges came up with their decision, but I seriously think other floats were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one who won first.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy the pictures :)

bought local handicrafts first while waiting 
here come the floats!!










































No comments: