Wednesday, August 8, 2012

House 48 - Santiago City's Hidden Steak Heaven

Now, am not sure if House 48 is still open because I noticed two new steak houses in Santiago. I'm hoping it still is open because I want to go back and try out the other items on their menu.

The same day that I went to Bannawag Norte to check out the muscovado sugar production, I went to House 48 to have dinner. Why is the restaurant called House 48? Because its address is 48 Daisy Street.

When I arrived in the restaurant, it had just opened (around 5 p.m) and I was the only customer. I didn't mind that at all since I wanted to go around the place without having to bother anyone. As soon as I sat down, I checked the menu and was pleasantly surprised that the steak menu items were quite varied.

Besides the location, I think another downside to eating at House 48 is the pricing of the food. By Manila standards, the price list is acceptable but for a restaurant in the province I honestly don't think people are willing to spend that much on food. However, I think that House 48 has a niche market (i.e. upper middle class) which makes me assume it has patron clients already. I heard that this restaurant has been around for a while already, so I'm guessing business has been good regardless of its location and pricing.



For starters, I had tomato soup and homemade bread and butter. Absolutely delish! I couldn't get enough of the bread, but had to control my appetite before the steak arrived.

I got the ribeye steak with veggies and mashed potato. All steak set meals are served with the starter dishes and a choice of either coffee or ice cream after.


If you happen to be in Santiago City, try House 48. It's located at 48 Daisy Street, Santiago City. I will edit this entry as soon as I find the directions :p

No comments: