Thursday, March 22, 2012

oddly thankful for the rain

Am currently sitting on my hotel room bed, with the t.v turned on, and just searching the net for things to do in Santiago City, Isabela. Why am I here? Well, I'm supposed to leave early tomorrow morning for Quirino Province and the terminal for vans & buses going there are here in Santiago City or in Cordon (which is about 15+ kilometers from where I am now). I really prepared for the Quirino trip--researched for how many days on where to stay, places to visit, what to do, etc. Usually, my trips always push through. Even when there are small bumps, somehow things just work out. However, this Quirino trip--despite being so planned out, well...it just didn't seem feel right. I don't know, it's just that I had a feeling earlier today that something might happen that I'd have to postpone my trip. And I have to tell you, I hate postponing trips. This particular trip, however, I really didn't mind not going through with it. It started raining during my commute to Santiago. We were only in Gamu, the town after Ilagan, when it started to drizzle. Upon reaching Naguilian, which is right after Gamu but takes up quite a long stretch of the highway, it started to rain and it hasn't stopped. Hours later, and I just checked outside my window, yeap...still raining.

So what the heck am I going to do now? Am already in Santiago City, almost 80 kilometers from my place in Ilagan, with no car because I opted to commute this time. I've decided to make the most of my stay here and just explore Santiago City a bit more. Am planning to drop by the City Information Office tomorrow morning and inquire about tourist spots here. Also, thinking of visiting the public market because I might just find cool local stuff there. And yeah, am also thinking of checking out thrift shops here, haha!

I wasn't able to find anything useful on the net about where to go in Santiago City. I've already visited Calvary Hills/Chapel of Transfiguration and Balay na Santiago. The Magat Dam's a bit too far for me now, and assuming it's still raining tomorrow I don't think I want to commute going there. Forgot to bring an umbrella, so most probably will buy one tomorrow and walk around the town. I am excited about trying the food in House 48, which is locally known to serve good steak and pasta. Also, I'll be checking out a couple of coffee shops here. I'm actually excited about being here in Santiago City, more than the excitement I felt about the Quirino trip. I really don't know, but that trip just didn't feel right. Maybe now's not the right time to go there.

Here's to a fun Santiago City weekend! Wishing everyone a happy Friday and an awesome weekend :)

No comments: