Thursday, January 28, 2010

this is how I know I'll get married someday

...I can't stay single forever. Why? Because I get lonely easily. Hahaha! I'm here in Cebu, it's just been a little over 24 hours and I want to go back to Manila already. I had meetings until around 4 this afternoon, so I had the rest of the day to just do whatever. The first two hours alone, I was fine. After that, I got really bored...then I felt sad because here I am, in wonderful Cebu, but I had no one to talk to and with no idea where to go or what to do. I wasn't in the mood to go exploring because it was too late in the day already so I opted to go to the mall--good thing the Ayala Center's nearby. I spent 2 hours in Starbucks, 1 1/2 hours in Friday's, and 1 1/2 hours with relatives (I actually have relatives in Cebu...I only found out when my mom told me).

Though I was busy for most of the day, and I was alone for just a few hours, I realized that I couldn't end up this way. I mean, I can't go on just being solely concentrated on work and by myself. I really did feel lonely. Yeah, it's great that I get to go to different places but it's sad that I don't really share the experience with someone else. I'd be happier if I had an officemate or a friend with me right now, but that's not the case. Since projects at work are 1:1, or at times 1 researcher handles 2-3 projects, we rarely have someone accompany us during fieldwork trips.

It's just been a day, and I'm aching to go home. I didn't feel this way when I was in Davao because I was staying with relatives, and I knew that the next day I'd see my dad and little brother in Malaybalay.

Gosh, I wonder how much my phone bill is right now...while at the mall, I called up a few friends already just so I'd have someone to talk to.

I'm going back to Manila on Friday, and I can't wait! ...I hope things will get better tomorrow..

7 comments:

Leah said...

Hope you'll feel better tomorrow Kookie. Sometimes, homesickness or just plain being lonely can make you think of things that you may one day regret. Hahaha! Not that I'm regretting getting married... I have two fabulous boys because of that. But I advice you to enjoy your single life... married life is no joke, I tell you. I've been married for 20years and it's still a day-to-day learning experience. xoxo

PS... I will be your wedding photographer ok?

kookie kulasa said...

Hi Leah! Thanks for your advice :) Well, I'm not really in a hurry to get married...heck, I don't even have a boyfriend! Haha! I'm enjoying being single and not really mingling :p Yeah nga, being alone on this trip has affected me lang talaga. And yes, you will be my wedding photographer someday--when I meet my God's Best :)

Unknown said...

oh kookie, hope you're feeling better now. I know it sucks. Boredom sucks! I remembered when I had my vacation there last spring, my mom placed me in quarantine in our province for two days because I've been going out/partying a lot in the Davao that I caught a bad flu (and it's the outbreak of swine flu here in the US). She feared I won't be able to get back. You can't imagine my life there. two days seemed to be eternity. no tv, no network coverage, no internet, and occasional brown outs... i swear i'd rather be dead. at least there in Cebu it's not that bad.

About singleness... bask in the freedom it offers. And yes, don't settle for anyone less than the best God has for you.

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

Nina said...

Hate that feeling, Kookie! I think it's time you gave me your cell number?!

kookie kulasa said...

Betz: Thank you dear for the words of encouragement :) I'm feeling better today, buti na lang. I think I scared myself silly lang yesterday kasi I was only thinking about baka I might end up alone forever. Hahaha!

Nina: Yes I think I do need to give you my number already! So here it is :) 09176210411 :) Haha! I basically announced my contact number to the entire world :p

Corie said...

I hope everything is better now. Didn't sound like you had a good day.

kookie kulasa said...

Hi Corie! Yup, I felt better on my last day in Cebu. Am back in Manila now :) I had a pretty early flight--6:30 a.m!