Monday, June 28, 2010

My adventures haven't ended yet...they're just beginning :)

The weather's been 'menopausal' here. Yes, you read it right. MENOPAUSAL. It's so hot in the morning but in the afternoon until early evening the rain just starts to pour. Or sometimes, it rains in the morning then it's sunny in the afternoon. Like my mom's mood swings, the weather seems to be hormonal the past 2-3 weeks. Or maybe it's just global warming and climate change. People, this is what we get for not taking care of our planet! :( We can't really blame anyone but ourselves.

Anyway, despite the weather being uncooperative I still went out this weekend. As you dear readers know, I went to Bataan this Saturday. I'll be devoting an entire post for that, don't worry. I just wanted to share that even if the rainy season has started already, I still want to and plan on going on trips. I think an adventure every month or every other month would be great.

The past few months have been awesome. Let me share with you what I was able to do in just 4 months...

I climbed one of the highest mountains in the country...

I did Asia's longest zipline...

I hiked on one of the 7 Wonders of the World...

I went caving and spelunking...

I went to one of the most colorful festivals in Philippines...

...and I visited one of the most historical places here--Mt. Samat Shrine in Bataan.

I recall mentioning in my first entry for the year that one of my goals for 2010 is to travel more and to meet new friends. Can I just say, I'm so proud of myself hahaha! I've gone to places I never imagined I'd have to courage to go to. I even mentioned in one of my entries that I wish I could climb a mountain--and I did! I've met new people who, until now, I'm still in constant communication with. I've developed friendships with them and we've actually become travel buddies. We're starting to plan trips together for the following months until next year.

I know my adventures are just beginning. I'm excited to see where my next trip will be, what new food I'll be able to try, what new place I'll be able to explore, and who are the new people I'll meet. I love how life is made richer by our experiences. I will forever remember the places I've gone to these past 4 months, and I'm looking forward to adding new memories from my future travels :)

5 comments:

Cherie said...

those are great places to visit, i want to travel too like you :)

Parade of Dresses

Leah said...

You really did it... love the places you visited. Go and explore more. xoxo

Unknown said...

Nakakainggit ka naman Kookie. I am really considering to go solo traveling this year. And I'm thinking Greece, nothing less. lol. Life is an adventure, but how are we gonna live that adventure if we stay under our roof all the time, right? Gusto ko rin matravel ang Pinas someday.

The only problem i got is i need to cut down on my shopping to save money. but that is a really BIG problem. lol. and you're post is so motivating na i think i should do my "shopping ban" seriously. :)

Gela said...

before you know it, you'd have traveled the whole country! and soon, Europe na yan. :D

your travel stories are very inspiring, Ate Nicole! makes me want to do more out of town trips as well, because there really are a lot of beautiful things to see here in the Philippines.

<3,


boat ride through the sky

Asta said...

I have to say I'm really impressed, you achieved some of those things that I'm slightly scared even to think of:) Wonderful adventures!