Saturday, July 30, 2011

yummy yummy ramen

The first time I've had ramen (EVER) was at the HK airport back in 2009. Yeah, I know loser-ish. Anyway, finally gave in to my ramen cravings yesterday when my friend/diyosa-mate-at-work (haha!) Ren and I had lunch at Ramen Bar at the Venice Piazza in Upper McKinley. We got there just in time before the place got packed, since the piazza's surrounded by offices and everyone's out for their lunch breaks.


I must say, the food's really good! I'd definitely go back and bring my family/friends there. Of course Ren and I had the big bowls. I mean, what's the point of going to Ramen Bar and then end up not eating ramen? Helleeeew. Okay, so I ordered the Shoyu Ramen (Soy infused Tonkotsu Ramen, topped with tamago,naruto, negi, and chasyu) while Ren had the Sapporo Miso Ramen (Miso infused Tonkotsu Ramen, topped with tamago, naruto, negi, chasyu, butter and corn). The only criticism I have isn't really about the taste, it's more on how sorta messy eating it can be. I guess it's because of the chopsticks, since these weren't made of wood. The chopsticks you use are the washable ones, and it's hard to properly get a hold of the noodles because they slide off the chopsticks and soup ends up getting splashed on your clothes. If you're thinking of the price, I can say the food's reasonably priced. A big bowl of Shoyu Ramen costs about 280 pesos, while a big bowl of Sapporo Miso Ramen costs 320 pesos.


my Shoyu Ramen

Ren's Sapporo Miso Ramen

If you're in the Taguig/The Fort area, you can drop by Ramen Bar at the Venice Piazza, Upper McKinley. I think the first branch is in Eastwood, Libis Quezon City. You can also check out Ramen Bar's facebook page.

No comments: