Sunday, July 31, 2011

lunch on a rainy Thursday

Haven't seen Patty in ages so we decided to meet up for lunch at the Empire Deli & Restaurant at the Venice Piazza last week. I first found out about the place from my friend Nabs, I think she saw it being featured in a television show before. Anyway, to understand what all the buzz was about I recommended to Patty that we have lunch at Empire Deli to try out the place.


I wasn't able to take pictures of the interior, but I have to say that it is quite small inside. I like that the design etiquette's a bit minimalist. Honestly though, I didn't really notice all the details of the interiors because I was distracted by how cold the AC was haha!


On to the food, Patty had the Fried Chicken Fingers served with rice and honey mustard dipping sauce while I had the Reuben Sandwich (fresh corned beef, sauerkraut, cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing) served with a side of fries and salad. Wasn't really able to ask Patty how her food was. My sandwich was actually good, not amazing, but really good. Then again, maybe it was too cold in the restaurant for me to fully enjoy and appreciate my food. Will definitely have to go back to give a better review. Anyway, taste-wise the Reuben's not bad. I love the melted cheddar cheese. The sauerkraut was not overwhelmingly sour and it actually enhanced the taste of the corned beef. The balance of different tastes was spot on. The side salad was also good, although I would've preferred if they didn't put any olives in it. I mean, I'm obsessed with olives but I don't think it should be added in all salads.

My Reuben Sandwich served with salad and fries

See the melted Cheddar Cheese? :) soooo yummy

Patty's Fried Chicken Fingers

I want to try the other items on the menu, specifically the Truffled Carbonara and the Stuffed Cuban Sandwich ;) I will definitely go back to Empire Deli & Restaurant. But please, do turn down the AC a bit heehee :)

* Empire Deli & Restaurant is located at the ground floor of the Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. It's right beside Blackwood Bistro. You can also check its website here

1 comment:

Cherie said...

omg thats so yummy! i want some but it's in the middle of the night :)