Friday, July 1, 2011

such a rarity

As most of my friends would attest, the color palette of my daily outfits would consist of white, gray, black, or brown. I've been trying so hard to inject a bit more color in my wardrobe, as I don't want people to think I'm old(er).

Here's the thing, my new job doesn't really require me to dress up. I can just wear jeans, a decent blouse, ballet flats, a pair of pearl earrings and I'd still look overdressed. Haha! Since I'm (sort of) the boss, I need to look presentable and respectable. Not really the type to care about what other people think about what I wear...so I decided to wear this to work just this Monday...

...so...so...colorful! :) I've had this red skirt since I was a junior in college so you can just imagine how long this has been with me. It used to be 4 inches longer, and I could have worn it before without having it trimmed but risk looking like a hobbit. Kidding. Anyway, I decided to wear the skirt with a plain, cream colored shirt. To add a bit of pizzazz (whatevs), I also wore my pink scarf which I got from H&M in HK almost 2 years ago. By the way, I have not worn those nude pumps in 2 years! Those babies have sentimental value as they were a gift from my late grandfather, Capt. Jake to many of his friends and colleagues, but Lolo Jake to me and my cousins.

It's been a while since I did an outfit post. Been quite lazy to post any, to be honest. Lots of outfit post-worthy get ups, but I haven't really been as patient with blogging as of late.

...I suddenly just realized I have quite a few backlog posts 0_0

Shout out to my fabulous friend Annick! ;) Please do check out her (mis)adventures in the land down under in her blog Annick in Aussie & Then Some :)

4 comments:

Wild Things Grow Here said...

I love how you havent bought anything new to complete the outfit! Its made me think i ought to rummage through my wardrobe!

http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

Abigail. said...

I'm awful for wearing the same colours all the time, so much so that I have banned myself from buying another blue piece of clothing.

Love the outfit though! The colour of your skirt is amazing.

Nina said...

You ought to wear more colors, Kookie! You so kill it!

you owe me cuento re the job?!

D said...

I love it!!! You skirt and scarf looks awesome! :)

http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/