Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bacolod 2010 (day 4)

Day 4 - October 19, 2010

Our last day in Bacolod. Can I just say, it's been two weeks since my trip but I'm still sorely missing this wonderful city. I regret not going on an ultimate food trip, alas we were pressed for time so we had to make do with the few dishes we were able to try. I do believe that I'll be going back to Bacolod next year. That trip will be with my family, so yay for me because I don't think I'd spend as much (haha!). I'm planning that particular trip to be all about Negrense food. Let's see, let's see...lots of planning to do!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these shots of my last day in the City of Smiles!

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, according to Frank this is 400+ years old already

I just HAD to try cansi, the Negrense version of bulalo. It's a bit more sour and spicier than the typical bulalo. Sooooo good! I died and went to bone marrow heaven


EDGE OF DARKNESS...we offer business meetings here (hahaha! refer to lower left part of the picture)

Pasalubong shopping at Pendy's! Let's just say I splurged most of my money here, haha!

We had to drop by Calea and buy slices of oh so yummy cake. I couldn't believe they were selling pecan pie for less than 100 bucks (less than 3 US$) a slice!!!

Since we were in Bacolod, it was a must that we tried Bacolod Chicken Inasal :)

Back in Manila! I couldn't have asked for better travel buddies than these two. Frank was the third wheel, haha!

No comments: