Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I promise

My high school BFF Val shared with me this song a while back. This never fails to bring tears to my eyes because the song expresses exactly how I feel about my love life now. Apologies for being quite sentimental, but I've been very blessed and happy lately. Although I don't know when God will reveal to me who His Best for me is, I'm pretty sure He'll do it in His time. This song I'll be sharing keeps me grounded and is a constant reminder that God's in control of my love life and He's the author of my love story. I'm sharing this with all the single ladies who'll chance upon this entry.


I Promise by Jaci Velasquez

Lord, You know my heart
And all my desires
And the secret things I'll never tell.
Lord, You know them well.
Though I may be young,
I see and understand
That at times, like sheep, we go astray
And things get out of hand.
So I promise to be true to You,
To live my life in purity
As unto You, waiting for the day
When I hear You say:
"Here is the one I have created
Just for you".
Until then, O Lord
I will be content
Knowing that true love will come someday.
It will only come from You.
'Cause I have seen the suffering
That loneliness can cause
When we choose to give our love away
Without a righteous cause.
So I promise to be true to You,
To live my life in purity
As unto You, waiting for the day
When I hear You say:
"Here is the one I have created
Just for you".

5 comments:

Leah said...

What a lovely and sweet song... I agree with your thoughts, the Lord wrote your love story so just be patient. He knows best. xoxo

Cherie said...

this is such a sweet and pure song.. thanks for sharing it with us

kookie kulasa said...

leah: being an impatient person, it's admittedly sooo hard being still. haha! but I know waiting will be worth it ;)

cherie: you're welcome :)

Bea said...

I appreciate that kind of mindset because it's less stressful. Like you don't have to rush or force anything if it isn't meant to be. A great way to remain drama free!

Oh yeah, I still have to see my brothers photos from there. I'll probably be jealous of the spots you guys visited that I missed out on :(

Bea from A plus B

kookie kulasa said...

bea: when you go back to intramuros, go to baluarte de san diego. it's soooooo nice there!