Friday, July 9, 2010

for the love of vintage

I don't think I was ever able to post my Bangkal adventure here. It happened about two years ago with my dear friend Mishi. We decided to go check out the Bangkal area in Makati where the streets are lined up with stores selling antiques and a lot of vintage items. I really enjoyed that trip. We commuted to Bangkal--taking the MRT and then a pedicab. Twas quite risky what we did, commuting with a huge dslr displayed for all greedy eyes to lust on. Good thing no one attempted to take it. I think they were warded off by the huge umbrella I had. Not really, haha! That time, having a dslr was the 'in' thing so everyone wanted to have one.

Anyway, let me share with you a few shots of our trip to antique heaven...



Lunch at Fat Michael's (this deserves a separate post...)


Back to walking around Evangelista...
Going home...

Read up about Bangkal on Carlos Celdran's blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! i want to go! xoxo

Gela said...

nice! haven't been to ukay stores outside Quezon City (mostly because i'm lazy). but i'll definitely do some exploring one of these days!

<3,


boat ride through the sky

Pinch of thoughts said...

i'm gonna go here definitely, thanks! nice blog girl, just dropping by your site I'm Thea of Avant-Garde, good weekend!

kookie kulasa said...

nadalyn margaret & ladawan: thanks for dropping by my blog, lovelies :)

gela: go go go! I suggest you try the ukays in tagaytay. they have a lot of really nice stuff--better than the ones in cubao!

Jill said...

HEY, you're Coby's sister! Hiiiii! :))

That dress that dress. I wanna see more. Are there a lot of clothes for sale in Bangkal? Or accessories at least? What's the price range? :)

Hiiiii again! Haha

kookie kulasa said...

Haha hi! :) I saw a few clothes there, but nothing really fancied my interest. I have to go back soon because the last time I went there was 2008, haha! I'm sure there are a lot of new stuff and the place probably looks different now :)