Thursday, July 8, 2010

I've had better days

Today was quite boring. I actually dozed off a bit at work. Must be the lack of caffeine. Imagine, I was too sleepy to even bother getting a cup of joe which would only just take me less than 10 minutes. You know those blah days where you just want the day to end and go home and sleep or do something else other than what you're doing? Yeah, today's one of those days. I hate blah days. They're really just that...blah.

I'm happy that tomorrow's Friday. There's just something about that particular day of the week that gets me excited, like something cool's going to happen beginning with Friday. It doesn't necessarily happen that the weekend's going to be packed with fun stuff to do, but the fact that you're not going to do work-related activities makes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the best days of the week (haha!). Although Sunday's a bittersweet day for me. It's the 'rest day' for a lot of people, but at the same time it's the day before the dreaded Monday where everyone will get back to the daily grind of work or school.

I'm thinking about what I'll be doing this weekend. Most of the time, I end up not doing what I initially planned to do on Saturdays. I have quite a few stuff lined up, and I think I'll be able to accomplish everything...if I wake up early. It's so hard to wake up on weekends! I get lost in my sheets and I sleep in until 9 or 10 a.m Lately, though, I've been waking up earlier than usual like 8 or 8:30. I do have a few things in mind about what I'll do this Saturday...
1. JOG. I need to, I've been feeling sluggish and heavy and I hate it :(
2. Finally try Nomnomnom, a restaurant about 10 minutes from my house. It's a quirky looking place, based on pictures I've seen on the net. The food's good according to reviews so I might as well try it.
3. Have my Pentax checked. I've been saying this for a while now, but I do need to have my camera repaired because whenever I have films developed only half of the shot comes out!
4. Of course, go thrift shopping again! A girl can never have enough dresses :)
5. Buy a few cool stuff for my brand new laptop! Yay! My mom bought me a new one because my old laptop's almost ready to retire. Not really, it's just that I've been wanting to have my laptop replaced with a faster working one but I didn't have the heart to part with it since my dearest grandfather was the one who got it for me. I think my old one will be in good hands as I'll be giving it to my brother.
6. Get a foot spa and manicure. My nails badly need pampering!

3 comments:

Noomie Doodles Fashion said...

ive always heard from my friends that makati has alot of those vintage stuff. now i see this makes me really wna go there. :P thanks for sharing

kookie kulasa said...

no problemo, dear :) I think bangkal deserves another visit...my visit to the area was 2 years ago, haha!

Noomie Doodles Fashion said...

haha wow! thats long. yeahh i think i will visit it too for sure.

btw, sorry for writing at the wrong post btw. accident.... ;p