Monday, March 8, 2010

on a quiet Sunday night

...I'm just plain bored. Haha! My little cousins were here this afternoon. We had two babies in our house today--my youngest cousin Megan and of course our puppy. I am a bit tired after I spent an hour in the kitchen cooking dinner. Well, my grandmother made chicken ala king while I figured out what to do with the sukiyaki sliced beef and pork. I ended up quickly frying the strips in butter (with a bit of oil so the butter won't burn...there's a cooking tip for you hehehe), added a bit of garlic, then added just enough teriyaki sauce, plus 3 tablespoons of honey to make the sauce a thicker and a bit sweeter. I often cook like that---no recipe in mind. I just think about what would go well with whatever and hope that the results would be edible, haha! All my recipes have been quite successful, so I'm guessing my cooking isn't that bad ;)

With nothing to do and no outfit posts for today, I'll share with you what my "work" desk looks like here at home...


This is just 1/6 of my table. The rest is messy so I won't post it here :p

I got this at Powerbooks. I have a thing for cute stationery sets. To my surprise, I found this Nancy Drew card and envelope set!!!! I was so obsessed with Nancy Drew when I was a kid. I didn't read the new ones. My mom bought me the old Nancy Drew books, you know the ones that were in yellow hardbound covers? I actually completed the series. All of the books are at our house in Bukidnon. Note to self: Ask mom to bring back all my Nancy Drew books to Manila.


I attended oil painting lessons with my friend Lhas when I was 7 (and she was 9) at Angono, Rizal. Twice a week, Lhas would pick me up at my house and we'd go to Angono for 2 hours of lessons and the rest of the day playing with our art teacher. We only knew him as Lolo Badong. I never really found out his real name but my mom told me he's a famous artist. Well, a lot of famous painters here in the Philippines come from Angono. It's the art capital of the country, duh.

Heehee I signed it--See? "94' Nicole". I should get this framed.

7 comments:

Nina said...

Hi Kookie!

I want to look at your desk and examine each trinket. It doesn't look messy at all!

How about this Saturday, 4 Pm-ish or 5 PM-ish? I've still to finish rehearsals in the morning eh. Exciting. sana matuloy. How about Makati? I haven't been to Promod ... maybe we can look at it together? You have to stop me, ha? I'm super over my budget na when it comes to shopping.

Email to me your cell phone details at ecoledeballetmanille?

toxic disco boy said...

ang cute naman ng desk mo. ^^

kookie kulasa said...

Nina: Oh noooo :( I'm leaving for Mt. Pulag this Friday evening and I'll be back in Manila 3 a.m on Monday... I'll email you my contact details so we can plan our meet up ng maayos instead of divulging all our personal details here ;)

Toxic Disco Boy: Heehee thanks :) I'm trying to organize it pa and add more artsy stuff para hindi naman boring :p

Leah said...

Kookie, I love Nancy Drew too... yung yellow hardbound books, lumpleto ko din series.

Your desk is not messy, you should see my desk. Hahaha!

I love your artwork ha, meron talent, keep painting. xoxo

kookie kulasa said...

Heehee thanks Leah :) I want to take up art lessons again. Only if I had the time...

Dane said...

Aww oil painting is so much fun, I used to do that loads!






www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

kookie kulasa said...

Dane: If I had time, I'd start painting again :p