Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ukay heaven

Sorry for the late post. I've been super busy at work this past week. Majorly busy. I actually went home at 12:30 a.m yesterday (Tuesday, right? Hahaha am confused already) and continued working at home until around 4 a.m. As much as I want to slow down, there are too many projects at work. We can't really afford to decline project offers since our quota is quite big. The Paris office raised our quota a bit. Our motivation is that if we hit 55% of our quota by May, we'll have an appraisal. If we hit more than that, we'll get an appraisal AND an out-of-the-country office outing!

I'm excited about a few things...lemme just list these..
1. My Mt. Pulag climb with my cousin Diwa and her friend Solo
2. SUMMER!!! Even if it's disgustingly hot (not even humid...dry heat, my dears :|), I'm excited about Summer because it would mean my friends/cousins and I hitting the beach!
3. Pahiyas Festival this May. For the first time, my little brother Joaqui will be tagging along. He was only a year old when we went to the Pahiyas Festival so he doesn't really remember it.
4. (Official) promotion
5. Plans to start my new business...will blog about that some other time :)
6. MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sooo happy it won't fall on Holy Week...not that there's anything wrong with my birthday falling on Holy Week...it's just that...well, can anyone hold a party during such a sacred time? I don't think so.


I have an outfit post today! :) My officemates and I went on an ukay ukay (thrift store) adventure last Saturday. I bought quite a few items, heehee :)

Fab find #1: striped polo dress (got it for 90 bucks!!). Love at first sight for this one. The fact that it looks like something I saw in Zara--winner!
Sorry, I had a loooong day at work hence the haggard look (haha!). My mom was wondering why my leggings were quite sheer. I told her they were really stockings but I cut off the tips. I love my 3-toned heels :) Custom-made! :) I forgot where I ordered these, though.


10 comments:

Leah said...

Kookies, so you are an Aries right? Yay for Aries people. ;-)

Love your striped dress... yes, so Zara!

Have a good day! xoxo

Corie said...

What a cute outfit! oooo and the shoes! I love them!

I too am looking forward to summer. I'm so tired of the cold winter weather..ugh

kookie kulasa said...

Leah: Thanks :) Yup, I'm an Aries ;) Hope you had an awesome day, too! :)

Corie: Thank you :) I love those shoes as well...although they hurt a bit after a while :p

kookie kulasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noomie Doodles Fashion said...

woo ukay2 i love going to them.. i like how the shirtdress looks simple and nice.

kookie kulasa said...

noomiedoodlesfashion: I can just spend hours scouring through clothes in ukay ukay :)

thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Nina said...

Where did you ukay-ukay? That shirt is Zara fab no less! You never replied about your sched last week?

kookie kulasa said...

Hey Nina, I went to the ukay-ukay at Tagaytay :)

I wasn't able to reply ba? Super sorry, dear! Last week was quite hectic. I'm free this March 6 and 7 (Sat and Sun) :)

Nina said...

Tagaytay! How exciting. I want to go too!

kookie kulasa said...

Nina, one of these days we should go there to go ukay shopping! :) The ukay ukay shops there the cleanest ones I've been to so far. I do always recommend bringing wet ones, a bottle of alcohol, and extra clothes to change after a looong day of ukay shopping. In one store kasi you can spend AT LEAST an hour because of soooo many racks of clothes. Would you believe I spent less than a thousand for 7 items of clothing? :)