Saturday, February 27, 2010

-thoughts-

I'm a sucker for romantic movies, specifically local romantic movies. I am that baduy and cheesy. My friends and I watched Miss You Like Crazy yesterday. I ran out of tissue, haha! I wasn't blown away, but I liked it because it wasn't far removed from reality. It wasn't disgustingly lovey dovey. I could relate to almost all of the situations, I guess that's why it made it a bit difficult for me to watch the film. I had a different happy ending, though.

I ended up being just friends with my former beau. Admittedly, at first it was really hard to let go. Somehow, three years ago, our paths crossed. We fell for each other, then we had to go our separate ways for certain reasons...then we wound up ending back together, then parting again in not-so-good terms. Took a year before we talked to each other. For an entire year, we were oblivious as to what was going on in each other's lives. That time apart helped us grow and figure things out. Funny how everytime our roads would intertwine, the timing would be off. Really off. As a good friend of mine told me before, the right guy will always come at the right time. So maybe he really isn't the guy for me, and I'm not the woman for him. I've gradually come to terms with that, you know. But, I've come to realize that the things that are in our area of control will more often than not determine how the next events in our lives will turn out.

I'm young, and I have more things to learn. My priorities have shifted from being so simple to being unbelievably complicated to achieve. Someday, I'll meet that guy for me. And hopefully by that time I'm ready. For now, I'm enjoying my independence; I'm enjoying life. I'm learning more about myself and I constantly yearn to improve myself.




...Forgive me, I don't often get this sentimental but I still have a hangover from the movie (haha!).

5 comments:

Leah said...

I love to see that movie... ang agnda ng tagline... choice is what tore us apart but destiny brought us back together.

Do you believe in destiny? I do so hang in there, you will find him even if you're not searching. xoxo

kookie kulasa said...

You should watch it, Leah! :)

I actually do believe that I will meet the guy for me someday..but I've always believed that he should be the one seeking me, haha! ;)

When are we gonna have a Pinay bloggers' meet up?? Nina and I have been trying to fix our scheds. So far, no luck because every weekend it's either I'm not available or siya naman hindi :|

Nina said...

Curious now to watch it ... I have no one to bring with me!

Kookie ... I also believe that the right one comes at the right time ... it was the very same with the hubby ... I was with someone else, contemplating marriage and he changed my path just like that.

Meet up next week?

kookie kulasa said...

Hi Nina! When next week? My Mt. Pulag climb is on March 13-14.

Unknown said...

great post x