Sunday, July 19, 2009

Affairs can sometimes be justifiable

Well, not really. It's just that I still have a bit of a hangover after watching A Love Affair this afternoon with my close girlfriends. I drove all the way to the South, endured the traffic and rain, to spend the entire afternoon with my friends--not knowing what we'd do but all I knew was that I desperately needed some time with good friends. It's been a while since I last watched that film, and with confidence I can say that's one of the best romance movies I've seen. The original version (An Affair To Remember) is better, of course, but A Love Affair is definitely one of those romance films you'd want to watch if you want to feel all mushy and emotional.

After watching the movie, Raiz, Kten, Kathleen and I went to Yellow Cab to grab a bite. We ordered a 14" pizza--half New York's Finest and half 4-cheese pizza. Indulged ourselves a bit, actually. Hahaha! We also had pasta and ice cream. Spent the rest of the afternoon chatting, laughing, contemplating. Oh, you know how us women are...we can spend an entire day just talking about anything that pops in our complicated heads :)

Drove all the way back North to have my coffee date with my friend Esther. I think we both weren't in the mood to socialize so opting for a night of coffee and a bit of chit chat was the more appealing thing to do. I got home past midnight already, so come to think of it I was out of the house for almost 14 hours.

Ugh...was supposed to blog about more things but half my brain's asleep already so I'll probably write something later..or tomorrow..whatever.

No comments: