Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm usually not easily offended, but today was really just...ugh. My family and I had dinner at Chili's this evening to celebrate Mother's Day. I was with my brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandmother. Before we left the restaurant, the manager approached our table to distribute roses because Chili's was giving flowers to moms. The prick gave me a flower. My initial reaction was, "Why are you giving me a flower? Do I look like a mom to you??". The tone of my voice was humorous, not really pissed...but my face showed it all. I was really insulted. I know it was just a mistake, but hello? Do I look like a mom?? God. 

I was trying to just laugh it off, since my entire family was also laughing so hard and the manager looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him right then and there. Before he left, I suddenly just said (jokingly), "I won't eat here anymore." I was just so humiliated. I've been feeling like crap for the past two weeks, and his mistake didn't help at all. I feel worse about myself, and I seriously cried in my room when we got home. 

Juvenile as it may seem, I can't just deny how I feel right now. 

2 comments:

Teluete said...

Anyone would feel insulted naman, no. You should have clobbered the manager haha.

kookie kulasa said...

Yeah, maybe I should have. Hahaha!