Thursday, April 30, 2009

room makeover

When my mom leaves this Sunday, I'll start renovating my room. It's sooo...white. I already asked permission from my grandmother if I could paint the walls or put wallpaper on it and she said it was okay. Now that I have the go-signal, I can do whatever I want with my somewhat drabby old room. I want to check out the Bangkal area again and maybe buy a few stuff at the Dapitan Arcade. My brain's starting to ooze with creative juices--at last!--and I've already thought of what to do with the canvas and poster paint I was thinking of buying (refer to a few posts back). My theme: Beach meets Vintage. I have yet to think about how I'm going to pull that off, but I know I will...I should! Hahaha! 

My mom, brother, and I are going to Megamall tomorrow...Labor Day Long Weekend Sale :) Speaking of Megamall and the sale...I was listening to the news on the radio earlier this evening and apparently, an average of 250,000 people go to Megamall everyday freakin' day. With the sale, the mall's management is expecting twice that number of people for the next 3 days. The sale started early, hence the horrendous traffic in the Ortigas area. I left the office a bit past 6 and it's usually not that congested yet at that time. Traffic is to be expected during sales, so it was no surprise that going home was such a hassle today.

...And people keep on complaining they don't have money anymore. I've always believed that people (well, from the middle class to classes AB) still have moolah....They--well, we--are just being very frugal lately. There's money to spend, but the question is where to spend it. This doesn't mean that the country's economy is doing well. Ooh far from it. The administration still insists that people are better off now compared to previous years. I forgot what exactly the survey topic was (conducted by the Social Weather Station), but it said that the poverty level is lower and the interpretation of the radio announcer (whoever he is, I must say, is very..err..no comment :|) was that the hunger rate is waaay lower and the country's doing well compared to other nations. What a bunch of BS. Honestly, unless I see that kids aren't begging on the street, crime rates have gone down, and other issues have been resolved I have yet to agree with that pronouncement. My take on this whole poverty issue: public officials should just give up their pork barrel and use that money for government projects instead...specifically projects geared towards health, education, and the environment. Actually, if some public officials would just stop stealing, I think we'll be able to afford to do all government projects. 

Okay, from room renovation to government expenditure--that's quite a long leap of topics :) I'm just typing whatever pops in my head so again, there's no cohesiveness in my entry. 

No comments: