Tuesday, April 28, 2009

random office blurbs

I'm at the office now, and I'm bored to death. My boss has yet to give me things to do because projects aren't coming in (yet). It's been almost a month since I've had a project, though last week my boss asked me to help her with the presentation materials for one of her pending projects.

Been looking for stuff to do here at work, and I've just managed to organize my files and I enrolled in a few of the company's e-learning classes. No fun in that, but it's better than not doing anything. Anyway, I've run out of things to do so I've resorted to watching Criminal Minds and NCIS on the latest-episode blog. Quite amusing, actually. Though after 73 minutes, you have to wait for another 54 minutes to continue watching so every "session" I get to watch 1 1/2 episodes.

The boss is out for a meeting, I think. Doesn't make much of a difference even if she's here. My team and I are bored to death already. We need projects, damn it! I guess that's why this May, two new people will be joining us here at the office--an expat and someone else to replace one of our Research Directors, who just resigned because he and his wife are migrating to Canada. Honestly, who'd want to migrate at this time? I mean, the world's economy isn't doing that well and believe me--living in the 3rd world is better than moving to a 1st world country where you'll have to start over again in this God-awful financial bruhaha. But that's just me.

My mom's here in Manila so it's hard to function well. I dunno. I can't seem to do anything or to get myself to be creative and do whatever whenever my mom's here. Don't get me wrong, I love her but sometimes she can just be so...you know how moms are, so I don't need to explain further.

Forgive me for not being cohesive in this entry, but I'm just so sleepy and uninspired. Maybe I'm PMS-ing? I dunno. I've been feeling bloated and fugly and dowdy these past 3 days. I need to be artsy soon. I'm dying to do something creative. I've been thinking of buying a small canvas and gold poster paint. I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet but I just feel like I need to buy those two items. Plus a good paintbrush.

I think I'll just blog again later. My fingers are tired already, haha!

No comments: