Friday, October 31, 2008

Manila, Manila...Angono, Angono!

Over dinner, I was telling my friend (poeta fit, non nascitur) earlier about a picture that another friend took a couple of weeks ago when we went on a random photo shoot at Intramuros and the bayside (here in Manila). I'm so in love with this shot. It's so beautiful that it makes you wonder if it's a real shot or not.


javascript:void(0)
Another picture I like (taken by the same friend who took the first picture) was of the gate to Fort Santiago. Fort Santiago is located inside Intramuros--where most of the Spaniards lived when they were still here in the Philippines (we were Spain's colony from 1516 until 1898...I'm not sure about 1516, but I do know we became a colony of Spain some time in the 1500s). Of course my friend fiddled with the settings of her camera to get this shot, but I absolutely love this picture.



Another favorite shot (I have a lot of favorite shots, actually. Hahaha) is of me while I was fixing my Holga. I think this was inside the Rizal Museum (also in Intramuros).



I'm excited for my next photo adventure (which will be next week). Off we'll go to Angono! Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures taken using my Holga .It's quite expensive to have lomography as a hobby. You spend quite a lot on film and having it developed. I have 3 rolls of film that have yet to be developed, and I have 3 or 4 more that have yet to be used. Am excited to shoot once again! I could walk around Ortigas during the day and take pictures, but the weather's too unpredictable nowadays that I'd rather stay inside the office than stroll outside during my breaks.

*All pictures taken by Kristine Dalisay*

2 comments:

Susanna-Cole King said...

Beautiful pictures, I especially like the first one! :)

Thanks for your great comment by the way, and for linking me, I will add you to my blog roll as well! :)

xoxo,
S-C

kookie kulasa said...

Thank you, S-C! :)

Your blog entries are quite interesting, and I also love the pictures you post :)