Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bukidnon 2011

I don't remember in which post I mentioned that I was going to Bukidnon for the Kaamulan Festival. Anyway, the festival was last month and I went home to Bukidnon to join in the festivities. It was way more fun this time because my good friend Val joined me in this trip! This post will cover our first two days in Bukidnon :)

on our way up to Malaybalay, we had to take a few shots of the beautiful scenery and the alalum waterfalls

after resting, we walked around the festival grounds...

lovely local handicrafts

...decided to just chill out on our first night and have coffee at my family's cafe (which is right in front of our house!)

day 2 was spent visiting our family's rubber tree farm...




...and the Transfiguration Monastery of the Benedictine Monks


I have a lot of things to share about our 3rd day because that was the day of the Street Theater/Dancing. So fun! Watch out for my entry on that ;)

If you're interested to visit Bukidnon, it is going to be quite a long trip. The fastest way is to take a plane from Manila to Cagayan de Oro City, then either rent a van or take a bus to Malaybalay City (which is the capital of Bukidnon). But if you really want to go on an adventure, you can take the Super Ferry and the ship will dock in CDO ummm...after 4 days. Hahahaha! I have yet to gather information on where to stay because I'm not familiar with the hotels and bed & breakfast inns there, but I will definitely try to get as much info from my friends there. Bukidnon is a place you go to if you just want to relax and get away from the city. Main objective of the trip is to REST. Believe me, that's what Val and I mostly did in this trip, haha! After every activity we'd take a nap and feel so rested and rejuvenated after even if we only had like an hour or two of shut eye. Yup, our sleep was that deep.

No comments: