Monday, April 4, 2011

3 days to go!!

Dumaguete check list:

1. Bikinis - check!

2. Tanning lotion - check!

3. Sun dresses - check!

4. Sunnies - check!

5. On vacation mode - double (even triple) check!


These aren't the only items on my checklist :p I have yet to buy the goody bags I'll be giving to the kids and teens at the shelter where I'll be holding a party in. Yes, I decided to spend my special day with very special people. I asked my aunt who's based in Dumaguete to help me look for a community where I could spread a bit of cheer. She suggested I host a party at a shelter that was home to abused kids and teens. I have about 2 1/2 days to prepare everything. My aunt, who is also a theater professor in the prestigious Silliman University, and her class will be hosting a small workshop at the shelter so I'm sure that day will be awesome. I am so excited already! My birthday's about a week away but I feel like I'll be celebrating beginning Friday.

For my birthday this year, I'm also sponsoring the school supplies of five kids in Marinduque through the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation. I started sponsoring just last year and I plan on doing this for a long time. I love that this organization aims to provide school supplies to kids that will last for a year. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for next year, but more focused in Bukidnon. My grandmother suggested this, actually.

I love birthdays. I don't really have a problem getting older. I know it sounds cliche, but age really is just a number. I won't say I may be (turning) 24, but I'll always be 18. Nope. I'm owning the age! Being (almost) 24 means being a year wiser, happier, and hotter hahahaha! Kidding aside, I think we should all be proud of how old (or young) we are. Like the rings inside a tree's trunk, each year we experience adds and enriches who we are now.

3 comments:

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

yes, age is indeed just a number...as cliche as that may sound. what matters is our attitude towards life..and of course, the generous amount of moisturizer we apply on our face...*wink*

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥
www.shopyapi.com

Corie said...

Yes, age is only a number Kookie! You are so sweet and kind. Sponsoring school supplies? That's lovely. You're going to have a wonderful birthday.

gettingoverit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.