Friday, April 22, 2011

Dumaguete Trip 2011: Apo Island

Working backwards as I mentioned in my previous post, on our third day in Dumaguete we went to Apo Island and spent more than half of the day there.

What is Apo Island? Apo Island is a small island off Dumaguete City. It's known for its pristine waters, snorkeling and dive spots, and the diverse marine life you can see without having to go far from the shore.

To get to Apo Island, you take a motorized bangka. There are bangkas that can seat a group of 4 or a group of 8. The rate per person's pretty affordable. We were able to rent our boat for Php 1,700 (that's Php 425/person). The bangka's driver will bring you to Apo Island and you just have to tell him what time to pick you up. Not bad, eh?

Anyway, this post will basically be full of pictures sharing with y'all the beauty of Apo Island. Actually, I think I need to go back because we weren't able to fully explore the place. We only stayed in the marine sanctuary area so we could go snorkeling and play with the fishies :)







3 comments:

Bea said...

Perfect birthday, Nicole! I love the underwater photos. I miss the sun and fun of the beach na tuloy.

I am now marking this location as a place to visit in the future :)

Bea from A plus B

kookie kulasa said...

Yes yes I highly recommend visiting Apo Island :) I want to go back and explore the other parts of the island, my visit there was bitin hehe

markg said...

...how much was the dockingfee? or entrance fee to the island?

any idea also for room rates there?

tnx a bunch in advance =)