Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Davao Food Trip (2)


I know this post is almost two months delayed, and for that I'm truly sorry my dear readers. Anyway, I will try to remember the details for each restaurant. I'll be editing this entry everytime I remember something, haha :p

To remind you a bit about my Davao Trip this January, I went there to do something for work. Spent three days in Davao, but I made it a point to go out and explore a bit. On my second day, I tried a few restaurants. The first restaurant I tried was Tiny Kitchen, which you can read abouthere.

After lunch, I went back to the hotel, then I went to Aldevinco where I bought a few things to bring home to my family and officemates.



After spending most of my moolah on pasalubong, I headed went back to the hotel to drop off my things then I went to Kangaroo Coffee Company to work a bit and to have my much-needed caffeine fix. I wanted to try something new so I ordered KCC's ice blended durian coffee. I actually liked it :)

Kangaroo Coffee Company has been open since May 2008. It's a family owned business and so far it only has one branch. I asked the baristas if they were open everyday, but was told that they're usually closed on Sunday. The full days are Friday and Saturday, and the usual customers are students and businessmen. KCC believes in promoting Mindanao products which is why the coffee beans they use are from General Santos (I got this bit of info from one of the baristas, forgot his name though :p).

I like the interiors of KCC because it's not like the typical coffee shop. First of all, the colors are loud. You don't usually enter coffee shops with bright green walls and huge light bulbs as lamps :p I also love the bar area where you can chat with the baristas.

I wasn't able to try the Civet coffee--the most expensive coffee in the world! I forgot why it's so expensive, but what I know is that it's harvested from the poop of Civet cats :p Gross, I know, but there's something about the coffee that makes it special but I hope it's not the poop factor hahaha!




After working a bit at KCC, I headed to Yellow Hauz for light dinner before I decided to head back to the hotel. The place is really cozy, and I love the homey ambiance. I don't have a lot to say about the place because I only stayed there for an hour and I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures. Plus, I was only able to try their pizza so there's not much for me to share :p Maybe next time when I go back to Davao I'll drop by Yellow Hauz and try more items on their menu.



So I ended my second day in Davao with a full tummy. I hope that the next time I get to visit Davao it won't be for work anymore. I want to explore the city even more and try the other restaurants I listed down :) My food adventure in Davao didn't end in Yellow Hauz, though. The following day, I had lunch at Grub and then I had dinner at Cafe Andessa before heading back to Manila. My experience in these restaurants will be for another entry :p

If you want to go pasalubong shopping you can drop by Aldevinco Shopping Center, located at C.M Recto corner Roxas Ave., Davao City. If you're up for durian coffee, drop by theKangaroo Coffee Company at Tionko Ave. corner V. Mapa Street, Davao City. Or if you want a more homey cafe, visit Yellow Hauz also along V. Mapa Street. Most cabs in Davao are familiar with these places so if you're up to do a bit of exploring, just hail one and ask the driver to take you around. The cabs I've taken in Davao had really nice drivers, maybe because it was quite obvious I was a Manilena and had no idea where I was going :p

No comments: