Tuesday, March 29, 2011

counting the days (or weeks)

My last day at work will be on April 20 and I seriously can not wait for that day to come! I just want to be done and over with everything that needs to be accomplished now at the office. The past 2 weeks have been so hectic and I do feel like my remaining weeks will be packed with rush items to finish. I am SO SO SO looking forward to my trip to Dumaguete on the 8th with my cousin. We'll be staying with our aunt (who's also our godparent :p) who has been living there for the past 5 years (or more, I think). I can't wait to hit the b-e-a-c-h!

For now, I'm struggling with trying to get myself to be motivated to work because my mind and heart are in "goodbye mode" already. Although, the sadness is slowly sinking in. I mean, I've been working in ____ for more than 2 1/2 years. Right after college, I started working there so you can just imagine that the career chapter of my life started in ____ so it is understandable why I'm starting to be a bit sentimental.

I'm thankful for starting my career life with research. I've learned so much and I continue learning even now that I only have less than three weeks left. My time in market research has really been fruitful and I'm so excited to apply the things I've learned to my new career. I'm more excited because I'll now be in a field that I'm really interested in. My heart has always been for service and doing social development & governance-related work. My "official" first day in my new job will be on April 25, so wish me luck ;)


2 comments:

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Congrats on your new position.

Gela said...

Ate Nicole! congratulations on your new job! so great to hear that everything's working out for you.

yes yes, kita na talaga tayo this summer ah! :D


boat ride through the sky