Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sudden halt

I know I just posted something about a new career thingy last night. Then I had a long talk with my mom a while ago and it looks like this new job opening isn't really a good one. The best person to talk to about NGO work is my mom because that's practically her background, plus a bit (well, not really...maybe a lot) of government work as well so when she says something about whatever NGO/gov't project I'd trust her judgment. Point is, if I do apply I'd just be wasting my time. Ghaaaad I hate this. Well, not really. Okay, I am a tad bit disappointed but I'd rather not waste my time and effort applying in a job that in the end I'd be frustrated with precisely because it's implementing a program designed by individuals who have no idea what's going on in the grassroots level (i.e. they have no clue what's really going on as they're stuck on their academe tower). Whew. That was long. Anyway, I don't want to join a program where I'll end up implementing something that I'm not even sure would be relevant to the community to be helped. I could just imagine my mom's eyes rolling when she read the email I forwarded to her about the program.

Now, what do I do? I might as well just stay put and wait....again.

No comments: