Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An English Tea Party in Manila

To make my birthday memorable not just for me but also fAdd Imageor my closest girlfriends, I decided to host an English Tea Party for my 23rd bash. Honestly, I've never had a birthday party since my 18th. My birthday oftentimes conveniently falls on Holy Week so I can't really have a party during that time, can I? Anyway, I had the tea party a week after my birthday since I was at Sagada on my birthday weekend. I asked my friend Gab to design my invitations. Can I just say, she did a great job! Thanks again, dear!

Back to the party--I asked Portia, the owner/chef of Isabelo Garden Restaurant, if she could accommodate the tea party on an afternoon. Isabelo's open just for dinner so of course I had to ask permission. I couldn't think of a better place to have my tea party than in Isabelo. It's quaint, quiet, and the food's great as well. I love it that Portia customized the menu for my tea party since her current menu doesn't really have food for that kind of a celebration. She really sat me down and asked what I wanted, how I envisioned the place to look like, if I wanted flowers on the table, etc. This is why I love Isabelo--the service is great and Portia really takes the time to get to know her clients. That's why I'm a loyal customer of Isabelo...which reminds me, I have to take some of my girlfriends there soon!

Going back (again), I had a fun time hosting my English Tea Birthday Party. The food was good, my girlfriends were all dressed for the occasion, great conversations--what more could I have asked for? The party even extended until 9 in the evening! What can I say... I am a very content, happy 23 yr old lady :)



3 comments:

Jade Purple Brown said...

all the food looks so yummy:)

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

kookie kulasa said...

the food was really good :) there were a lot of leftovers, though. good thing the chef packed them in nice boxes so we were able to take home lots of goodies :p

Cherie said...

what an adorable party :) the food looks yummy and you guys look so fashionable in your tea dresses.