Tuesday, December 15, 2009

to see is a wonderful thing

Please pray for my lola (grandmother), everyone...she needs to go through a procedure tomorrow because a blood vessel in her left eye erupted so she can't see using that eye anymore :( My lola's 73 but she's really quite strong for her age. She's actually more fit than I am. She goes brisk walking every morning for an hour, only eats oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, and she prefers eating fish and veggies. According to the doctor, her diabetes and her age could be reasons why the blood vessel erupted.

I can't imagine not being able to use either one of my eyes. More than being able to see, the fact that one is able to see makes you appreciate how beautiful life is because you can actually witness it--problems and all. Despite all the horrors we've seen in this world, these shouldn't "blind" us from the many wonderful, beautiful things there is out there.






=



*All images taken during my March 2009 trip to Malaybalay, Bukidnon for the Kaamulan Festival except for the sunset photo and the two kids on the seesaw which were taken in October 11, 2008 by the bay in Manila and in Fort Santiago, respectively.


6 comments:

Leah said...

Kookie, if your lola feels confident about the procedure, then don't worry. She will make it. Just pray and think positive. We have good eye doctors.

I'll be praying for your lola.

And I love those images... ang galing!

Unknown said...

I'll pray for your lola. God is good.

the photos are breathtaking.

kookie kulasa said...

leah and betz: I really appreciate your prayers :) And thanks for commenting on the photos. Heehee made my day, actually ;)

Leah said...

Hi Kookie! How's your lola now? Tapos na surgery? Hope she's ok. I'll keep her in my prayers.

kookie kulasa said...

Hi Leah! My lola's surgery pala is today (Wednesday) pa lang :) Yeah, I hope she'll be okay after. Good thing my little brother and mom are arriving na from Bukidnon for the holidays. At least my lola will have company while I'm still at work. Thanks for your prayers :)

By the way, silly me I just noticed sa side bars mo...Inggit ako sa collection of lens mo :)

kookie kulasa said...

Leah, my lola's okay :) Her procedure was less than an hour lang, out patient pa. Yay! Thank you so much for your prayers :)