Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 9, 10 and 11

I'm back in Manila! I arrived last night around 7, I think. I'm still pretty tired from the entire trip but am glad to be back. Although, I wish I stayed a bit longer in Malaybalay--maybe two more days? It's so nice to get away from the city once in a while and just relax somewhere far from all the hustle and bustle of the Metro.

I wasn't able to share what I've been eating for the past three days. Don't worry, I was able to veer away from all tempting kinds of food and I'm still sticking with my diet :) Okay, last Saturday I wasn't able to eat breakfast because when I arrived from the airport in Davao I went straight to my uncle's house and slept for a couple of hours before heading to my meeting. For lunch, I had inihaw na tuna belly (yum!) and sinigang na hitang (??). I had fish for lunch, and I had fish for dinner as well (fish and chips) at Coco's in downtown Davao.

On Sunday, I took a 5-hr bus trip from Davao to Malaybalay. So I left at 7:30 a.m and arrived at Malaybalay before 1. My dad and brother picked me up before heading off for lunch to Chicken Ati-Atihan, a local restaurant near our place. The grilled chicken's quite good, actually. The ambiance is nice as well. Too bad I wasn't able to take any pictures of the place...maybe on my next trip there :) I slept the entire afternoon because the bus ride was a bit tiring. Woke up around 6 (thinking it was already 8. hahaha!) and hung out at our cafe--which reminds me, I have to make a facebook page for it! Hahaha! Anyway, I hung out at BBC with Ate Abie, a close friend of mine from Malaybalay. She brought her super cute and kulit daughter Bianca. We spent a few hours talking about whatever. It's been a while since we last saw each other (I think March of this year for the Kaamulan Festival). I was only able to eat dinner after we closed the cafe. Had chicken again. Hahaha!

Yesterday, I left Malaybalay around 7 so that my dad and I could run errands first at Cagayan de Oro before he dropped me off to do fieldwork. Upon our arrival at CDO, we had breakfast first at Pancake House. I had the Continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, hashbrown, and toast with butter) and my dad had the regular pancakes. It's a good thing I checked in first at the airport before heading off to do fieldwork. At least I didn't have to worry about making it back on time to check in and being able to buy pasalubong. I did fieldwork from 1-3:30 before goign back to the airport. Had a super late lunch there (chicken again. wow.) and spent the next two hours waiting for my flight. I arrived at Manila around 7 and I went home right away. Guess what we had for dinner? Chicken. Hahahaha! I might start growing wings already.

Now, I'm in the office (sooo early) but I want to go home. I'm still so tired and I think I'm going to get sick if I don't get more rest. The weather in Davao and Cagayan de Oro was just..ack! It was soooo hot!! I love both cities, but I just couldn't stand the heat. It doesn't help that from Davao (hot) I went up to Malaybalay (super cold), then from there I went down to CDO (hot). From CDO, I'm now in Manila (humid). Wow. I don't usually drink vitamins, but I think I need to. I can't afford to get sick because I have loads and loads of stuff to do--projects to finish, a bazaar, shopping for gifts, organizing dinners with different sets of friends, etc. Whew!

6 comments:

Nina said...

Hi Kookie Kulasa!

I soooo love your name. It makes me want to meet you NOW!

I've always worn exactly what I felt like since I escaped the scrutiny of my Mom's disapproving tenets of (her religious) style. I swear, the things she used to make me wear when I was a little girl and a teenager without consumeristic (Yikes, is there such a word?) power. I felt like a prisoner in frou frou and polyester jail bars. Seriously. Hmmm. She still dislikes my clothing choices. Some things never change. We live and let live, I guess.

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll. I shall endeavor not to disappoint, mon cher!

Kisses!

Nina

http://ninaballerinaclosetobsession.blogspot.com/

Nina said...

Love how you travel all over our beautiful country! Keep the stories coming!

Nina

http://ninaballerinaclosetobsession.blogspot.com/

PS Like you, I think Chuvaness rocks! Yeah!

Unknown said...

Just reading the word Davao resulted a burst of nostalgia. Sounds like you had a really great time! Is Malaybalay a part of Bukidnon? I think I've been there before. I love Bukidnon-the falls, the flowers, the climate, the mountains, everything.=)

http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

kookie kulasa said...

Nina: You're a ballerina! Wow! Just checked your profile :) Hay..I regret quitting ballet when I was a kid. I focused on the piano instead :) A few of my cousins are ballet dancers and seeing them perform makes me wish that I never quite ballet. Oh well :) I'll be posting pictures of my Davao-Malaybalay-CDO trip soon :)

Betz: Yup! Malaybalay's a part of Bukidnon. And yes, I had a great time even if my visit was just really short. I'm thinking of going back this coming March for the Kaamulan Festival. I want to go back to Davao! A day really isn't enough to truly enjoy the city.

Nina said...

Hi kookie kulasa!

Yes, had to come home from Frankfurt because of a knee injury. Went through gruelling surgeries to correct it but time ran. Eventually discovered teaching. Love it!

Hmmm. Davao. Isn't the inimitable Agnes Locsin based there?

Nina

http://ninaballerinaclosetobsession.blogspot.com/

kookie kulasa said...

Hi Nina!

Hmmm..not sure if Agnes Locsin is based in Davao :) Will investigate..

About ballet--I'd love to watch a show one of these days :) Do you have one this December?