Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's finally out!!

photo credit: Our Awesome Planet

The very-much awaited Starbucks planner is finally out! Yay! I've been badgering the baristas at Starbucks Emerald for the past month when they'd release the promo cards for the planner and they kept on telling me it'd come out on the first week of November. Then last week, they told me it would come out on November 4th so imagine how excited I was yesterday.

The reason why I wanted to get the card on the first day of the promo period's because there's a free sticker already so instead of collecting 17 stickers, I'd only have to collect 16. That's still 120+ pesos so yeah it makes a lot of difference especially for us working our butts off to earn a decent living on a third world paycheck. Don't get me wrong, I'm not living beyond my means...I could just be spending my money on other things, or maybe not spend it at all. My savings account has suffered enough because of several 'retail therapy sessions' no thanks to my mom. It all boils down to my lack of self control when it comes to shopping. I don't really have vices--I quit smoking and I don't really drink and go out partying. There's just something about shopping that's so addictive. Like a drug (though I've never taken any kind of illegal drug), there's something about buying gorgeous shoes that makes me high. Okay, Nicole....STOP IT.

No comments: