Thursday, May 7, 2009

rainy day blurbs

It's a very rainy Thursday. One typhoon just left, and another one's arriving. GREAT! Errr...no. I don't like rainy days. Unlike most people, I'm not particularly fond of the rain because I can't go out. Why the heck would I go out if 1) it's flooded in some areas 2) traffic becomes even more horrible and 3) you become lazy. Yeah, there are days that I want it to rain because it's so hot but today...well today's not one of those "I-wish-it'd-rain" days.

Anyway, I only have a few random blurbs, like...
  • I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, but I'm not saying I don't like her. The thing about her songs is that even if they don't really make that much sense and have double meanings ("Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"), they are quite catchy and I bet anyone who has heard Poker Face had a bit of LSS (Last Song Syndrome). I know I did.
  • I was checking out the site of one of my new contacts on multiply. After checking out her site, I'm having another internal battle as to whether I should buy new pairs of shoes again or not. I saw two or three pairs of boots I just fell in love with, and I saw a pair of peep toe pumps that just made me drool. More than bags, shoes just...gawd. I don't buy impulsively because I really make sure that whatever I buy should last for quite a while and are versatile to suit several pieces of clothing. When I see a pair I really, really like and the impulse to buy is so strong, that means I've been thinking about that pair or that particular style for a long time already.
  • Regarding my mission to lose a few pounds, it's just been 4 days but I feel like I'm making a bit of an improvement already. My friend Mishi told me before that I'm so weak because I can't even do 5 sit-ups (sadly, that's true). Now, I can do at least 15 sit-ups without feeling tired. That's such an accomplishment for me, you know.
  • My friend Raiza passed her thesis deliberation. Am so proud of her! She put so much into her thesis and all her hardwork paid off.
  • I'm STILL encouraging my brother to register at the Commission on Elections so he can vote next year. I don't really know if he just keeps on forgetting, or maybe he doesn't want to vote...which would piss me off even more than if he just forgets to register. My God. We are citizens of this country and we should be responsible Filipinos. If our public servants don't give a damn about the country, well..they're not the only citizens of the Philippines.
  • I've been craving for Shakey's mojos 'n dip. And Yellow Cab's Dear Darla Pizza. And Red Mango's frozen yogurt with crush graham crackers, diced mangoes, and sliced almonds. And Starbucks' Chai Tea Latte. And Burgoo's or TGIFriday's mozarella sticks with marinara dip. Surprisingly, I'm not hungry.
  • Starbucks' Egg, Spinach, and Tomato wrap is soooo good! I had it for lunch today and it's actually worth the 120pesos I spent on it. Though I don't want to spend 120 everyday just for that. Hahaha! I can make it at home and that'd save me loads of moolah.

If our internet connection at home isn't effed up later, maybe I'll post another entry but I doubt it. Stupid _____ dsl (I can't say the company name :p).


No comments: