Wednesday, April 1, 2009

one week vaca

Since it's a holiday on the 6th (Mon) and Holy Week starts on the 9th (Thur), my boss told us to take a leave on the 7th and 8th. Woohoo! A week without work. This is the first time in quite a while that we're spending Holy Week out of town. On a whim, my family and I decided to go to Casa San Pablo in Laguna next week from April 8-10. I've always wanted to go there, and I was actually hoping I'd visit that place with my friends. I guess Casa San Pablo will still be fun with my grandmother and brother, since we'll be the only ones left here in Manila next week. My mom will be back in the boondocks (haha!) of Bukidnon by this weekend, my uncle and aunt are going to Camarines Sur to go wakeboarding, and my other uncle and aunt plus my cousins are going to visit my family in the province. So that just leaves me, my grandmother, and my brother.

I don't think a lot of countries take Holy Week as seriously as the Philippines does.



Yes, we shouldn't forget what Jesus went through...so Holy Week is not just the time for us to pray and reflect, but it also gives us the time to rest and relax--two things I think we need to be able to contemplate...don't you agree?

No comments: