Sunday, March 22, 2009

In memory of Capt. Jacinto F. Ortega, Jr--my grandfather

b. November 27, 1934, d. March 16, 2009

CAPT. JACINTO F. ORTEGA, Jr.

He was a man so full of spirit
So full of life
For years he soared the sky
Like an eagle with wings spread wide

He let nothing and no one hold him down
Even age was not a hindrance
As if life had no limit
And years were nothing but numbers

A man of principle and dignity
An inspiration to many
Discipline, respect, and integrity
These are what he instilled

The self-made man’s story has come to an end
Beginning from humble means
Finishing with humility and self-surrender
To the Almighty
Now, soaring once again in the sky
With his wings spread wide
The self-made man is home with Our Father in Heaven.





I love you, Lolo Jake. I miss you. We'll see each other in Heaven someday :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am one of Capt Ortega's managers in PAL in early 90's ...i was 27 then ...he was a great and very generous vice president.... please come and visit Piat, Cagayan... it's my honor to meet the descendants of a man I consider more than a father... I am presently the municipal mayor of Piat ...thank you...