Monday, November 3, 2008

can't wait can't wait!

My trip to Vietnam this year was postponed for a reason which I don't want to disclose (kinda sucks thinking about how it SHOULDN'T have been postponed...but silly me, I just had to spend so much on...nevermind). Anyway, my friend and I are planning to go there next year, maybe in July or August. Lots of time to save up for that trip! :) Another adventure I'm looking forward to.

I was looking at pictures of Vietnam on Flickr and I just have to share some.







*photos from Flickr by loupiote, danielguip, and bizen99*

After having discussed with my friend about going to Vietnam, I realized that I AM slowly fulfilling my goals. I've always wanted to travel and to go on adventures. I guess there were just some things that were holding me back before. Starting this year, I've been going on "mini-adventures"--going to different tourist/vacation/historical sites here in the Philippines. This coming Saturday will be the 3rd or 4th trip (and last) for this year. We don't really need to go to some far off place to consider a trip and adventure. It could be a visit to Intramuros, or an antique/vintage lover's pilgrimage to the Bangkal area in Makati.

Traveling is something, I think, most people want to do. An obstacle to this dream would be 1) a lack of funds to do so and 2) no time to travel (because of work or what not). To travel, for me, is something we should really invest in. Whenever we can go on leave from work, it's best to save up and go on trips. You don't really need to go abroad. You could explore your own country because there's so much to discover and to learn about one's motherland. Traveling allows you to learn more about different cultures, and in turn puts things in perspective. How so? Well, I think to travel doesn't mean just visiting places and taking pictures. Traveling entails getting to know the place, the people, the practices--you ask the usual who, what, why, how questions. After getting to know these, your mind suddenly just has so many thoughts racing through it. You not only think about how amazed or entertained you are, but you go deeper. You probe into how your traveling experience has contributed to you as a person, to how your views on whatever have/have not changed, etc.

You? Where do you want to go? Where do you want to travel? How does traveling affect you? :)

No comments: