Thursday, July 5, 2012

You think you get used to it, but not really


I used this as my Facebook status yesterday. Honestly, this is how I’ve been feeling the past few weeks. I’ve been living in Isabela for almost 7 months now, and it’s an up-down kind of experience. You get used to the pace of life, living alone, the independence. But there’s always this nagging feeling that I just can’t shake off. I miss home. I really do.

More often than not, career opportunities require sacrifices. I guess mine was having to be so far away from everyone. I know that I need to stay, and I hate to admit it I also want to because once we’ve passed the bump on the road we’re encountering now at work I’m sure things will be better. And I do want to stay because I want to see this project come into fruition and see its impact.

I can’t really divulge about the project, but it is huge. I know it’ll help a lot of people. Someone’s just being a huge jerk now which is why everything’s going at a slower-than-a-tortoise pace.  Everything in God’s time, I know. You can’t blame me for ranting a bit, though. I’ve been away from home for more than half a year already.

Nothing can ever replace Manila; nothing can ever replace home.

No comments: