Thursday, April 12, 2012

babalik ako, Sta. Ana

Translated, "Sta. Ana, I'll return." Haha! I went to Sta. Ana, a municipality in Cagayan Province. It's actually one of the towns in the topmost part of the country, as it's a coastal town as well. This town is the border of Cagayan Province and Isabela Province. One can even take a boat from Sta. Ana to Maconacon, one of the coastal municipalities of Isabela.

I went to Sta. Ana last week to spend Holy Week with my brother and a travel group organized by Travel Factor. I will make a separate post on this. Anyway, my past two trips have made me realize that my definition of traveling has changed. How? I used to think that visiting a particular place once would be enough, just to be able to say that I've at least gone to wherever that is. Now, however, I want to be able to really explore each place I visit. Which is why I'm planning to go back to Sta. Ana next weekend so that I can visit the other scenic spots there. I've gone to Anguib Cove and Palaui Island, the main attractions in Sta. Ana. Now I want to see the other areas in Sta. Ana. I saw a list at the port (Port San Vicente) of other spots in the area I can check out.

To be realistic, I know I won't be able to go to all the places I've been planning on visiting given my new travel goal. But for me, traveling isn't just about visiting a place. Traveling is about getting to know that particular place with more depth. I need not embark on an anthropological study. I do think that each visit to one place teaches you something new about it and adds to your appreciation of that area. I say--to travel is to learn and to be enlightened.

No comments: