Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year, everyone! It's been more than a month since my last post. I'm back in Manila, but I'll be leaving by the end of the month or mid of February. Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful 2011. I know I did :) Life in general was pretty awesome last year. Things are looking up for me in 2012, and I hope it'd be the same way for everyone.

Why not start this year's post with a food entry?! :) I want to share with you my experience at Yabu - The House of Katsu. I first heard about it from my brother a couple of weeks ago. Then just last week, I had a reunion dinner with my former colleagues and our resident planner Richmond informed us that it'd be at Yabu.


I was the first one to arrive so I was able to get our group the largest table. Good thing, because by the time the 4th person arrived the place was packed already. Was so excited to order already since I was so hungry and having browsed through the entire menu my mouth was watering already. Tonkatsu is not something I'd normally go for in a Japanese restaurant, but since I was in an all-katsu place...err...no choice, haha!

I got the Rosu (pork loin with trimming of fat) Tonkatsu set. In one set you'll also get Japanese rice, a bowl of miso soup, unlimited shredded cabbage, and a bowl of fruit. Awesome!

Seriously, I've never had tonkatsu that good--considering it's all pork and breading. I will definitely go back, because I honestly think that the only place I'd eat tonkatsu in is Yabu. Comparing the katsu in Yabu and in the Japanese restaurants I've had katsu, the ones at Yabu are by far the best. Duh. It obviously should serve the best considering it is the house of katsu.

If you want to try the katsu at Yabu, it's located at the 2nd floor of the Megamall Atrium. For big groups, I suggest you reserve ahead because there is only one big table large enough to accommodate a group of more than 5.

1 comment:

Marian said...

Looks really good:)