Thursday, January 27, 2011

another bag

Yes, this post is about a bag. Again. In my previous entry, I shared that I went to Davao City for work. Of course, I did find time to do a bit of thrift shopping while I was there ;) It was fate that led me to this lovely bag. You see, right after I did a bit of fieldwork I hailed for a tricycle and asked to be brought to wherever it would be easier for me to get a cab. It was a long trike ride, but the driver brought me to Ag-Dao market. While in the trike, I couldn't help but notice the ukay ukay stalls beside the market. I was quite torn if I should go down and check them out or go back to the hotel and start packing for my flight back to Manila. Decided to do the ultimate shopping sacrifice...I asked the trike driver to drop me off where the cabs were :| Thinking that I was being a responsible shopper by saying no to temptation, I was quite proud of myself. This didn't last, haha! I crossed the street since most of the cabs passed by the other side. As I hopped on the side walk (to dodge an approaching trike), of all the luck I'd see a sign saying "BAGS FOR SALE". I was in front of an ukay ukay store selling bags. Just bags. I took it as a sign that I really did need to buy something. Well, I was still trying to convince myself that I'd just look around. After just five minutes of browsing through bags of different colors, materials, and sizes, I found this....



I've been looking for a bag like this for sooooo long I just had to buy it the moment I saw it. I love the color, I love how simple it is, I love the price too :p I got it for Php 200 (roughly US$ 4). I was also able to buy another bag, but I'll post about that some other time. This baby is the star of this entry. I'm trying to keep my brother from getting this bag. He couldn't believe it that I bought this from a thrift store. He's been reminding me that his birthday is just 3 months away. Whatever. I told him he'll never get this bag and I'd just find him something similar in my next ukay trip. Crossing my fingers that I will find another one as nice as the one I got in Davao.

In case you didn't notice ze blingage on my shoes (haha!), the ballet flats I was wearing are blue, and fabulously sparkling! My aunt gave me those for Christmas and I've only worn them twice. They're really nice, yes? Yes! I'll try to get better shots of these fab shoes next time :)

sorry, I don't understand why it's sideways even if the original picture isn't :|

top: thrifted
pants: Giordano
bag: thrifted
ballet flats: gift from my aunt

3 comments:

Corie said...

There's nothing wrong with posting lots of bags! lol

I love bags! In fact, I really love that bag you have right now.

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

very cute. i love handbags too. i have an addiction to them!

Ellen Ross
Ask Away Advice Blog
www.ellenross.blogspot.com

Bea said...

Your bag is thrifted? HIGHFIVE! It looks high quality and the shape and style are classic :) Work bag!

Bea from A plus B