Thursday, May 6, 2010

fail.

I tried to talk to that person today. Well, not that I was expecting a response. I just sent an offline message about something that I hoped would amuse him and jog his memory a bit about an incident 3 years ago. It was actually funny and dumbfounding at the same time. Anyway, no reply. Oh well, I tried although it was a failed attempt. It wasn't as if I wanted to reach out or be friendly friends. But what's the point, really? Ugh. I am AGAIN confused about what I want to happen. Or maybe I'm just gonna have my period which is why I've been so emotional for the past few days. Seriously, I've been getting weepy because of random things it's not even funny anymore.

OKAY. Now that's off my chest, I can tell you guys that I am soooooo psyched for next week's elections. Instead of being assigned on the field, I transferred to the HQ since I'll be coming from work and I can only do night shifts. I'll be observing in our precinct on the day of the elections, though. Then I'll go to the HQ in the afternoon. I am hoping and praying that the elections will go well. For my readers who aren't from the Philippines, just so you know as well, this will be the first time our country will be holding the elections using automated machines. We've been doing it manually ever since we became a democracy (i.e. tallying votes on Electoral Return sheets...MANUAL COUNTING). And now, the 2010 elections is a historical event in our country as it signifies a step to improving the electoral system. However, the Commission on Elections and SMARTMATIC (the private company that won the bidding for being the provider of the software and machines to be used) are having problems with the machines and the CF cards to be used. So how do you expect to reconfigure almost 80,000 defective cards FOUR DAYS before the elections? Considering it took 2 months to program everything...it'll take a miracle. But, I'm still very much hopeful. Negativity won't really help us all at this point. It's good to be realistic about the situation, but there's always something we call faith :)

Have an awesome Thursday, everyone! Mantra for the day should be all about good vibes :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kookie!!!! I miss you! I've been so caught up with life here--a good kind of being caught though. Anyway, I can't really follow the first part of your post. "Him"... well, whoever "he" is, uhmmm. i really don't have anything to say. Sorry, I'm no help at all. lol

But about the election, wow, busy you.Hope everything will turn out fine and just. :)

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

kookie kulasa said...

Betz, "he" was a friend, naging kami but not really (no label rel'p), then naging ex, then naging "we're complicated" then naging FO (i.e. friendship over) then naging friends again then now we're not talking for an undetermined reason. Labo noh? Hahahaha!

SaraJ said...

go get him

kookie kulasa said...

haha I don't even want to anymore. I stopped a long time ago. to be friends is maybe okay, but to be more than friends (again) would just be disastrous for the both of us I think :p