Tuesday, April 27, 2010

office drama

I've been ranting about work a lot lately. I haven't really posted it here on my blog but I've been complaining about how bad the situation is at my office with my mom and with a couple of friends. My mom's sick of it, actually. I'm actually getting tired of complaining already. I feel like a total hypocrite since I don't really like it when people complain a lot. Then I realized I'm doing the exact thing I hate. So yeah, I'm a bit pissed with myself for being such a negative person lately. It's not that I hate what I do. I just don't like how things are being managed in my office. Specifically, I don't like our boss. No one in the office likes her, actually. But, we do have to deal with her everyday. And I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that my brewing resentment is making it difficult for me to even stay in the same room with my boss. That's tough, considering I report directly to her. Being a young professional, and since this is my first job, I'm learning that there really are people that you'd have to deal with who will really just frustrate you. But there's no use with being so affected by them because in the end, you're still colleagues and you'd have to learn to overlook those glitches in their personality so that you'll be able to work together effectively. And I guess I'm learning humility as well through this difficulty of mine. I've been in this industry for only 2 years, and of course my boss has far more experience than I do.

It's hard, but I am slowly learning to just stop complaining and just let things fall into place. Ranting about things aren't really doing anything to improve the situation, so it's quite obvious I should just shut up about it. I'm hoping my officemates will do the same thing. It really can be quite hard to keep mum when everyone starts talking about stuff. Oh well...I should start being more positive about things. I think things will lighten up in the workplace if we'd all just start practicing patience and grace towards each other.

3 comments:

Jade Purple Brown said...

Just push through it and remember that there are worse things going on in the world.

kookie kulasa said...

I agree! Sometimes we get so caught up with what's going on in our lives we forget to see the bigger picture.

Corie said...

I have office issues also - only with my coworkers. My boss is great! Coworkers are my annoyances. I'm usually the one who tells everyone off when they get on my nerves...I guess I still am. But I'm working on letting it all pass.