Sunday, November 29, 2009

lovin' the fresh air

Hello everyone! I'm now in Malaybalay City--where my family's been living for the past 5 years. Actually, my dad's been living here since 2001 but my mom and youngest brother moved here in 2004. Anyway, I took a bus from Davao to Malaybalay this morning. Woke up really, really early so that I could pack and prepare for the 5-hr trip. My Tito Eric brought me to the terminal. Too bad I stayed at Davao for only a day--and most of the time I was doing fieldwork. I was able to get a bit of sleep in the afternoon before I went to the Davao Convention Center to check out the bazaar. I was supposed to meet my friend Francie there since she had a stall. She had to leave early, though. I still went to the bazaar--walked around and checked out the stalls...nothing different from bazaars here in Manila, except that everyone was speaking in Bisaya. Hahaha! I had dinner at Coco's, a local restaurant. I asked the waitress if it was the only branch in the Philippines. I figured I'd eat at a place where the only branch would be at Davao to make the meal 'worth it.' I've been craving for fish and chips for the past how-many-days so you can just imagine how happy I was that they served fish and chips at Coco's. Yay for fish and chips! I'm assuming the batter they used wasn't beer-based so it wasn't as good as the ones sold at Chocolate Kiss. My craving for fish and chips hasn't been fully satisfied, so I might grab some tomorrow or on Tuesday.

I'll be posting a few pictures of my trip soon. I need to get some shut eye now...It's going to be a long day for me tomorrow. I'll be back at Manila tomorrow evening, and most probably I'll be able to post another entry some time this week.


As a teaser, lemme share with you guys a shot I took this afternoon here at our house..


No comments: