Saturday, November 21, 2009

I will survive

It's my friend Dave's birthday today. I gave him my gift a bit early since we won't be seeing each other any time soon, and I wanted to give him something unique. Anyway, a part of my gift is my commitment not to eat pork and beef, and not to drink any kind of carbonated and caffeinated drink. Yes folks, I will give up my dearest coffee for a month. Why? Because Dave's my friend. Hahahaha! Okay, lemme explain...Dave's doctor told him he can't eat these nor drink these anymore, and yeah that really sucks. So, I decided to give up pork, beef, softdrinks, and coffee for the next month so that he wouldn't feel alone. Healthy living for a month...which I hope I'll get used to so it would be a permanent thing. Maybe after my month-long commitment, I can start eating pork and beef--but not as much..maybe once a week. I also think it's the right time for me to stop drinking coffee since I need to go on caffeine detox. My body's so used to caffeine to the point that I'm still sleepy after drinking 3 shots of espresso. Yeap, THAT bad. I'm anticipating caffeine withdrawal, but I know I need to do this. More than being my gift to Dave, I think it's also for myself. I'm really bent on keeping this commitment, so I even made a document to formalize everything--complete with my signature. Hahaha! I even asked Dave to have it notarized (I wonder if he really did get it notarized...).

I wanna share this month long journey of mine with you guys, so I'll be documenting my daily meals here. My commitment started on the 20th, so here's what I had yesterday:
-I don't usually eat breakfast so nope, I didn't eat anything this morning
-For lunch, I had chicken and pesto
-For my afternoon snack--I had the coleslaw from KFC
-I attended my cousins' gig at Magnet Katipunan so I only had calamares for dinner.

29 days to go!


No comments: