Friday, July 31, 2009

A secret garden hidden in the Metro

My friends and I had dinner at the quaintest restaurant I've been to--Isabelo Garden Restaurant. It's tucked away in Brgy. San Roque in Marikina City in the compound of the Dee family. Run by Portia Baluyut, who co-owns it with her mom Stephanie Dee-Baluyut, Isabelo gives off such a homey, calming feel that you instantly fall in love with the place. Portia prepares the food which is why you can't just drop in. You have to place your reservation and pre-order your food. The menu is filled with mouth-watering options, and my friends and I were able to try a few. We were served bruschetta (which was just so good, by the way). Simon ordered Grilled Salmon Steak, Esther ordered Orange Herb Chicken (served with roasted vegetables like marble potatoes and carrots--which were really sweet!), and I ordered the Portobello Pasta. I found the pasta really good because I could taste the white wine used and even if the sauce is oil-based, it didn't seem to be too oily, for lack of a better term. It's a bit tangy, which really upped the flavor for me.
I can honestly say this is a restaurant I'll keep coming back to. It's a place where you can just dine, relax, and have great conversations with your girlfriends over a bottle of wine (I have to ask if we can bring our own wine, though...hoping there's no corkage :p). Isabelo Garden Restaurant is just so lovely! Yes, that's the word I've been looking for to describe the place. Absolutely lovely :)




Click here for more info on Isabelo :)
I'm actually going back this weekend. I'll be bringing my family so that they can experience dining at Isabelo.

No comments: