Sunday, July 12, 2009

how a Sunday night movie could affect me so much...

I've been bawling my eyes out for almost 2 hours already, and it started with P.S I love you. I ♥ ♥ ♥ this movie! I'm very picky with foreign romance movies. Local ones are a different issue. Hahaha! There's just something about local romantic comedies that tugs my cheezy heart. Anyway, P.S I love you is such a nice film. It didn't end with the female lead ending up with a new man. The film didn't end like how romance movies usually do that's why I like it so much. I dunno...there's something about the movie that I can't put my finger around.


There's one message that I definitely got from the film: Life goes on--it HAS to go on, whatever happens. There's no point in halting everything just because something horrible happened. Life has its ups and downs, and every laughter, tear, downfall, and triumph we experience is part of it.

I think I cried so much because I can relate to Holly's situation a bit. I guess I can relate to Holly's experience of going with the flow, not wanting to take a risk because the chances of being left seems to be getting higher everytime a man comes into her life. I'm such a wuss, to be honest. I seem to let people think that I'm okay with being unattached and career driven. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying being single and exploring different opportunities. It's just that there are times that I remember how it was when someone actually cared for me, there was finally a person (I thought) who would care for me and love me and maybe he was the one. I'm just saying it's hard when you suddenly remember that there was someone like that in your life, you know? Oh my...Well, I'm going to say it again. Life goes on, and it has to. How else will you survive?

I love what Holly's Mom told her I think a bit before the film ended. I don't know if this is the exact line but it goes something like "I know you're alone, but at least we're in this together". We feel like we're alone, but we're not. We have people who love us who're around us and I think the realization should be about being content with the love we have from family and friends. Love doesn't only exist in romantic relationships. We often forget or take for granted that love starts with our family and friends. So everyone, take a look around and appreciate the love that abounds and overflows from your parents, siblings, girl-friends, your guy friends, and even from complete strangers who show compassion and care for others with their simple acts of kindness that often go unrecognized. Spread the love! :)

No comments: