Saturday, February 14, 2009

I caved..so I will blog today :)

First of all, Happy Hearts Day everyone! :) It's past 1 a.m and I was supposed to sleep about an hour ago but I couldn't just go to bed without posting this. There are those days where I can't sleep unless I post an entry about something I feel like I should share with someone--hence a blog about Friday the 13th, 2009.

I'm not a superstitious person so I don't really believe in bad luck. I think believing that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day sort of predetermines your day already. I mean, once you believe that it'll be a day filled with disaster, it probably would be..if not for you, for somebody else.

Well Friday the 13th wasn't such a bad day for me. Though I was an hour late for work, I was still able to get a decent parking spot (which rarely happens once you arrive later than 9:45). Payday today, so though there was a long line at the bank I was able to pay my credit card bill, my PruLife bill, and my deposit for the clothes I purchased online (thanks Daniel from Viva Vintage). Even if we left the office at 2 p.m (we had a meeting at Globe at 2:30), and even if we were a bit late, our meetings (we had two) at Globe went well. It was a very interesting meeting we had, specifically the second one. Why? Because the person we had a meeting with was Ate Trina, my cousin...practically my sister. Hahahahahahaha! Twas so funny. We were signing in the log book before our first meeting when Oni told us that, and I quote, "Chesca will meet with you first because Trina's still in a meeting now." I just had to ask if the Trina she was referring to was Trina Sebastian. Obviously yeah. Hahahahaha! After our first meeting, we went up to my cousin's office and when we saw each other we couldn't stop laughing. Well, we were excited to see each other but we were also quite weirded out a bit. The meeting went smoothly, with a few bursts of giggles sometimes from Ate Trina and smirks from me (haha!). I just had to thank Ate for giving us a project with a killer deadline and a pre-launch study that would give our DP sleepless nights (memories of Project Alexa 2 started coming back to me when I was going over the project specs).

We went back to the office after our meeting. Though we were stuck in the horrendous traffic at Pioneer, Shaw, and San Miguel Ave, we were able to arrive at the office safe. Plus, my boss treated us to merienda so we were able to eat while stuck in the car. Thank God! I wasn't able to eat lunch since it took me an hour to pay all my bills because all the banks were packed with people. Anyway, I didn't leave Ortigas until 9:30 because I didn't want to get stuck in traffic again. What did I do? Hmmmm...how do you spend the eve before Valentine's a. without a significant other and b. with cash to spare and c. oodles of time? Well....you go shopping, of course! Hahahahahaha! I spent 2 1/2 hours in Megamall looking around (initially). I ended up buying two knit blouses from Mango, a pair of Havaianas, and two pairs of pants from Bench. It feels good to have money for shopping. Hahahaha! I was so tempted to buy shoes at Charles & Keith but I didn't find anything I liked enough for me to buy. I mean, there were a lot of really nice looking pairs but I didn't find anything I thought I needed. I was looking for a decent pair of black pumps. There were a few nice ones. The styles were great but I didn't like the material. I'm not particularly fond of patent shoes. I dunno...they just don't appeal to me, that's all.

Note to self: I will avoid malls for the next two weeks. Hahaha! Though I do still have money (safely kept in the bank), I don't really want to spend more of my hard-earned moolah. I think I'm done with my shopping quota for the month :) Hahahaha! My mom's going to be here next week until the 24th so another money saver...I don't have to bring my car to work :) I don't have to pay for parking and gas for a week and a half! Yay!!!! :)

So yeah...Friday the 13th wasn't really a bad day :) For me, that is...How about you guys? How was your Friday the 13th? :)

No comments: