Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ipsos blurbs1

I wrote this entry yesterday at work. I wasn't able to post it last night so...here it is.

OFFICE BLOG 1

October 14, 2008

It’s 3 p.m and I really want to go home already. I’ve been feeling sick since this morning. It started out as simply dyspepsia (whatever that is) but now, I’m a bit feverish. My fever started I think around 1:30. I was asleep in my car. Yes, that’s how sick I am. I couldn’t even sleep well because I felt so cold (despite not turning on my car’s AC).

Is it just me or is it really cold here in the office? Yes, it IS cold. Though I’m the only one reacting because I’m sick so it’s 10 times colder (for me, that is) compared to everyone here.

I’m done with the tabspecs and headers for one project, and I’m waiting for updates from the field for another project. If my boss were here, I think I wouldn’t be writing this blog entry mainly because she’ll have me do loads of stuff. Not really complaining about it. I love being busy. I love having my schedule everyday packed with things to do. Though being busy has its costs. So now I’m sick. And I don’t want to go on a sick leave simply because I’d rather have her tell me to go home and rest than inform her that I can’t make it to work. But, since my boss isn’t here…I can’t go home. And besides, I don’t think she’ll let me go home considering how much we need to accomplish today so that we won’t be delayed with submissions to our clients.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not only busy with work. I have Patatag rehearsals every Monday and Friday nights, TND every (obviously) Thursday, and meet ups/dinners/get-togethers during other days of the week. My weekly schedule is packed from Monday to Saturday, basically. Sunday’s the only time for me to really rest. The only reason for me to go out on Sunday is to attend service. That’s it. Sunday’s also family day, so I do have to spend it with my grandparents and brother, and occasionally my aunts, uncles, and cousins when they visit us at home.

I’m so thankful that I’m busy. But I guess God is teaching me a lesson now to just take things slow and not overwork myself. I should take care of my body. I can’t really afford to get sick because that’d mean I’d have to miss work (which is a big no-no). And I can’t get hospitalized again. That’d cost too much money, and considering how financially tight things are now for my family…I don’t really want to burden them with me possibly getting hospitalized again.

Why am I so busy with a lot of stuff? I guess I just want to be able to spend more time with people I care about. I have lots of get-togethers to plan for the next few months, Plus, my “Ang Apat” barkada is going on several road trips (which Simon and I planned two weeks ago). Actually, there aren’t just four of us but Simon, Tin, Esther, and I have been the consistent attendees of all get-togethers and road trips so we named our group “Ang Apat”. I think we have another name. I didn’t intentionally coin it for our group, but I couldn’t think of anything to call our group when I made a comment on Tin’s site so I named our group “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Chenelin”. Chenelin i.e. whatever. Hahaha! Yes, I know it’s so gay, but we’re all babaeng baklas (is there even such a thing as baklas, I.e. plural for bakla? Di ba it’s supposed to be mga bakla? Whatever).

3:53 p.m

My boss just called and she had me edit the tabspecs. I’m done now. So I have nothing to do again. Good thing that my work load today is relatively light. It’s so hard to concentrate when you have a fever. Hehehe.

I will end this blog with just one thing. I LOVE FITA (will explain in next office blog entry).

3 comments:

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

harhar. typical nicole. always needing to be busy. good for you, i guess. it's better than being lazy. :D

get well soon!

kookie kulasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kookie kulasa said...

thanks mish :)